Hey, I've got a M1icon carbine marked G.H.D. in place of the serial number. Its an underwood action, with the barrel matching, dated 11-42. I've taken it to a few collectors who haven't seen anything like it, but they say that the finish and everything seems original, and that it looks like its all factory done.

The gun itself seems to have been updated with newer parts such as they bayonet lug and the sliding rear sight, but it seems mostly original underwood. The stock itself which I havent taken pictures of yet is not underwood, but has the G.H.D. mark on it, and an AP on the left side of the grip area. The serial area is lower than the normal receiver, but with any of the presentation guns i've seen thats usually the case as it was just a normal receiver ground and restamped before finishing.

Anyone here have any idea on what it could be? I've gotten guesses from a lunchbox special gun that just followed an employee home to presentation gun, to toolroom prototype gun. i've been told the AP on the stock might be aberdeen proving or somthing to that extent. Also, any idea on value of the thing?

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.