At the range today the owner mentioned that he had a nice 03A3 for sale. Even though I have no spare money I thought I should take a look at it. What I found appears to be an unfired DCM 03A3 but unfortunately without the box or papers. The barrel date is 9 43, it has a R marked sight cover, everything that should be marked R is, the wood is dry but essentially untouched. It is marked RA and FJA. Here is a vertical scratch on the right side of the butt and a tiny chip on the wood by the buttplate tang. A couple tiny scratches here and there and a small spattering of white paint like someone was painting a room and it got some flecks of paint on the wood. Otherwise it looks new. The stamps look like they were done last week. The plate itself has a small mark near the top where it looks like the rifle was stored standing up on a hard surface. The bolt face shows no sign of firing, the bore looks like the day it was made (2 groove). The finish is immaculate. It has a WW2 vintage bayonet also. The price was $650 and I bought it. I don't think I stole it but it was more than a fair price. I didn't have the money with me so I go back tomorrow to pay for it. Another guy at the range had a WW2 GI shoulder holster, a .45 holster from WW1 that was dyed black (too bad because otherwise it is about unused) and a WW2 .45 magazine pouch with two magazines (I bought that for $15). I told him to put the holsters on Ebay. Anyway, what are Remington 03A3s in this condition going for these days?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.