NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    12-25-2013 @ 01:26 PM
    Local Date
    03-28-2024
    Local Time
    08:36 PM

HD Military Hi Standard apart, have pics, need help

Hi, My Hi Standard HD Military has never run at all, and is missing the top take down button-its just missing. With some help I have managed to get the slide off-note the mangled small spring. I think I can get the parts from Brownells, i just need some help id what I need-Obviously the spring, and the missing take down button, what else? The previous owner must have reassembled in incorrectly. thanks for any help.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Last On
    11-27-2022 @ 11:10 AM
    Local Date
    03-28-2024
    Local Time
    07:36 PM

Exclamation Wow!!! No one has answered.

Well , I'll try. I have a WW2 U.S.iconA. Model H D here in front of me.It is different than yours , so there may be a little difference in what I say here.

On the slide assembly , Mine is different in that I have a flat firing pin , not round , and it is held by a pin where yours has a screw. Know . it looks like the screw is there that comes from the side ( your pics top) and goes behind the firing pin. Under that pin should be a flat spring steel plate , shaped kinda like the letter J. When you pull back on the slide , compressing the recoil spring and plunger , and push on your missing button, that button pushes on the front of the flat steel piece at the curve of the J , bringing the hook of the J down into the path of the plunger , capturing it when preasure is released. If you push the recoil plunger all the way in , you should see the hook of the J lying along the top of the inner slide and sticking out from under ( above ) the firing pin.

Now , on the lower , it looks like he used an ejector from a M1 carbine or garand to replace what should be there. On mine , that plunger is a smooth cylinder and is long enough to go from the lever into the hole. I cannot see if it narrows to a reduced shank to be surrounded by the spring , or if the spring goes up into the plunger , or neither.

Anyway , I think a new spring and plunger and a new button and maybe the J spring is all you'd need. It looks like you'd have to pull the firing pin , remove the little side screw , the J plate , install the button , and reassemble in reverse. Looks simple and straight forward.

The lower , however , looks more complicated. Looks like the left grip , the safety , then the cover plate would have to come off. Then you could prob'ly remove the crank , allowing the block to be removed to install the spring and plunger in. The plunger looks too long to slide in without removing the block first.

HTH , Chris

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    07-23-2016 @ 07:19 PM
    Local Date
    03-28-2024
    Local Time
    09:36 PM
    toss it in a box and send it to me I have the parts and can fix it.

FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    09-15-2013 @ 12:09 AM
    Local Date
    03-28-2024
    Local Time
    07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond John View Post
    toss it in a box and send it to me I have the parts and can fix it.
    That's funny. When I bought my HDM it was in a shoebox COMPLETELY disassembled. To the guys credit, he did bag every assembly and part. I'd never seen one up close before. Took me 3 days to get it put together. Best 150$ I ever spent.

+ Reply to Thread