• Australian AIA Rifles (Feedback and Opinion by Steve)

Australian AIA Rifles (Feedback and Opinion by Steve)

Note: The opinions expressed herein or statements made in the feedback below are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Military Surplus Collectors Forums, or the ownership and moderation group of this site. MILSURPS.COM accepts no legal liability or responsibility for any claims made or opinions expressed herein. Also, please note that the author Steve is not the same as the moderator and member Stevo, who wrote a separate review of the AIA No. 4 Mk. 4 rifle.

Collector's Comments and Feedback: .......

Here is another consideration for people that are thinking about buying one of these rifles. This rifle will cost from $930 to $1140, depending on the model. It's quite a chunk of change to spend on something that no one knows much about. I cannot, in good conscious, recommend one - at least, not at this time. I wish that they would pin this at the top until the questions are satisfactorily answered.

I have an "Un-Review" at my page - www.303british.com . Please take the time to read it, if you are thinking of buying one from Wolverine or Marstar. Don't jump in blindly and buy this thing! You could be throwing a lot of money away! Caveat Emptor!!

Like the Venus Flytrap and many species of poisonous insect, don't let the looks fool you. The rifle likely functions okay but the single biggest trouble spot is liability, should something fail. Remember Murphy's Law? It is a newly manufactured item. It is NOT surplus. Buyers have rights. You are protected by new product laws. Unfortunately, no one - neither the sellers nor the manufacturer - will answer the simple question - what happens if I get hurt? As it stands today - 21 Oct 06, the company and its products are fleeting, like spectres.

50,000 PSI is generated inches from your face. If the receiver is flawed - metal fatigue, improper heat treatment - whatever, and lets go, who is responsible? Who do you (or your estate) contact? Who'll make good? Guess what, no one seems to want to take THAT kind of responsibility. The manufacturer will not answer. The seller continues to talk about the great warranty but dummies up when asked about responsibility for product defects that result in injury or death.

You cannot find the owners. I have written them but have not received a response. You can contact Remington. You can contact Savage. You can contact EVERY firearms manufacturer in the free world, why not them?

Something thats not nearly as important - mundane perhaps - is the availiblity of spare parts should something break. Again, the seller says he will make good on small repairs but when asked about an inventory, he dummied up. What parts do they have? Honestly, I don't know. Based on the fact that I was not given any information, I concluded that they have precious little.

It all boiled down to many unanswered questions and the feeling that I was dealing with "Honest John's Used Car Lot". Caveat Emptor!!

As an air force veteran, I understood that many people would be uncomfortable with the reciever and other parts being made in Vietnam. Many people served overseas, have relatives who did - including those that died or were badly maimed there. On some military surplus rifle boards I have been accused of being "on a witch hunt" for suggesting that people have the right to know things about the products they buy and the companies that make them. I cannot understand that reaction. You expect other rifle makers to answer questions of a similar nature.

Then there's the problem with sellers - denying that the rifle is "Made in Vietnam". Strangely, when the Australian seller Lawrence Ordnance was asked, they said that they are indeed Vietnamese made! It's smoke and mirrors it seems, aimed to separate you from your money, without the need to answer any of your questions.

How many served with the Armed Forces and did a tour over there? Somehow supporting a Communist regime was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I will be glad to pull my article should EITHER the maker or seller honestly answer my questions. Both have chosen to ignore me. They are betting on continued consumer ignorance and the eye candy of a pretty looking rifle. The Communist factory where it was made and the company owners apparently do not care about being accountable. They just want your money. They are far away from the market and prosecution.

All's well and good until you need parts or worse...a new face! .....
    (Feedback by MILSURPS.COM member "Steve")
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Australian AIA Rifles (Feedback and Opinion by Steve) started by Badger View original post
Milsurps Talk Radio