Previous owner put a new stock on my 1903 just before selling it to me. Said the original was only good for firewood. I do not know the make of the new stock, and don't think I have any recourse back to the seller.
As is the rifle shoots consistently 10 a 12" to the right of point of aim at 100 yards. One gunsmith determined that the fore-stock is pressing on the left side of the barrel, suggesting this is the reason for consistent point of impact to the right of point of aim. He suggests a new stock.

Another very knowledgable smith examined a bit further, and determined the stock was manufactured improperly, in that the bedding area for the receiver is mis-aligned with the channel for the barrel. In his opinion repair is not possible, and again, says I need a new stock.

So...having one faulty replacement stock already, I am wary of where I can find and buy another one that will be correctly made.

I surely would welcome suggestions for a quality stock maker!

Thanks in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.