I have located nice looking 520-30 Trench shotgun and am considering purchasing it. I have looked at a lot of blogs and determined it is all correct with the proper markings and the barrel SN matches the Reciever's. It has a serial number of 58,XXX. I did not pull the stock off to check how it is marked but everything looks to be correct, EXCEPT!

A Redfield peep sight is attached to the left side of the receiver. The sight is attached by a screw and the sight arm runs towards the back a short distance then turns up vertically and turns again horizontally and crosses directly behind the back side of the receiver. A peep sight is perfectly aligned down the top of the barrel to the bead on the heat shield. Could this be a military addition or was it added at some point since serving?

How much does this devalue this peace of historyif any? It has at least 85 percent originl finish. The Heat Shield is a bright blue with the plum coloring at the bayonet lug portion. Any help determining the value of this Trench gun would be appreciated. Sorry, I don't have any photos to share.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.