Hey all, I usually hang out in other areas on here but I had a question about Vans instant gun blue. First I will tell you what I do know about it. My buddy picked some up at a gun show recently. I usually don't buy into "miracle products" that folks are peddling at shows because sometimes they are equivalent to snake oil salesmen. We busted this stuff out and I used it on an old commercial Model 11. Astonished doesn't even put it into perspective. The product is clear. I put it on a bare metal "zero finish left" magazine tube and after a little patience the bluing came out of the metal. My question for those of you who are experienced with this is this: does the finish have any kind of durability or is it basically just aesthetics? This seems like an ethical way to breathe life into some old guns without hurting the value since it is only pulling the guns own bluing out of the metal and not applying a new coat. Thoughts?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.