12/7/2011

After several months of researching this wonderful old war horse, I decided to take the plunge and provide those interested an “Up – To – Date” review. I am referring to the TNW manufactured, semiautomatic, “reproduction” of the Suomi M31 submachine gun.
TNW Firearms, Inc. Manufacturers of the semi-auto 1919, M2HB and MG34.
This is the same gun that is available from several online sources, from $399.95 to $750.00. I purchased mine from “J&G Sales” for $399.95. This includes 1 36round stick magazine, and the option of purchasing 72round drum magazines at $19.95 each with gun purchase (extra 36round stick magazines are also available at $19.95 each).
Finnish M31 Suomi 9mm Submachine gun style, 16.25in.
I purchased mine with 2 72round drums and 3 extra 36 round stick magazines. For those straining at the bit to join me, here are a few websites you might want to visit. They have available a range of accessories that might strike your fancy, as they did mine (notice in the pictures I have a reproduction Germanicon MP40 magazine pouch, perfect fit for the 36round stick magazines);
Numrich Gun Parts Corporation
(lots of original parts and magazines, even the 50round “COFFIN” magazines. Use Keyword search “ suomi “)
Home (NICE original stocks and other KP31 “full auto” parts)
Military Antiques, Military Collectibles and Militaria IMA-USA.COM (interesting military items, this is where I got the MP40 mag. pouches)

So much for basic introductions, I have found opinions on this gun dating back as far as 2009. Some appear to be simple “early production – prototype” problems, others seem to be trial and error corrections. There have been many, real and supposed problems with this I have found throughout web forums. I will update this thread with further reviews of specific items pertaining to this weapon. I will report what I consider to be problems and resolutions as I come across them. I will also be doing a complete range report on different weight and types of ammunition I use with this weapon.
If you have any questions that I may be able to answer or investigate for you, please let me know.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE - THIS IS MONEY WELL SPENT!

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.