Picked this up at a show today. I saw it last week and did some research and decided I needed to have it, haha! I payed $540 with no tax. Part of it was trade value in a WZ-48 trainer, so I didn't pay the full price with cash. Anyway it's a real neat piece and I've never seen one in person person.

Everything on it appears correct except for the M49 bolt. The stock is an M30 stock and has the rifles' serial number on it. The stock disc has nothing written in it, though I don't know if it should or not. Didn't come with a cleaning rod, but that's no big deal for me. Rear sight is marked in Farsi. No import mark to be found and it has a pristine bore. Should be a good shooter.

Took it down when I got back and found most of the screws just didn't wanna come lose easily. I figure no one has taken it apart in years. It had a good amount of surface rust on a few areas, but nothing that causes worry for me. Luckily there was nothing at all under the wood line.

Two little things I noticed. First is the Farsi writing in the cut out on the stock for the bolt handle. Not sure why it's there, but it looks neat. Second is some dots on the buttplate in the form of an "X" and "I". Looks to have been done long ago, probably by whoever originally bought this little carbine when it was imported.

Overall it's a neat little carbine, but I couldn't really find too much out about it before I purchased it. Found a few examples on here and some other forums, but nothing really price wise. I don't think I got hosed, but this rifle is very interesting so I wouldn't care if I did. Ha! Enjoy the photos!

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.