NEW INFO. HAS BEEN ADDED

I have a chance to buy a M1icon NPM Carbine
Receiver 1,492,883 NPM ( this # falls in the 1st block made by NPM )
Barrel is underwood 6-43 with flaming bomb
The front sight is marked RIA
Rear sights ( milled type 2 with letters HI on the right side ( I think this Inland )
Flat bolt
Milled trigger guard
Recoil plate marked SG
Stock has faint P mark on the pistol grip, on right side very faint ( it looks like a square 1/2" by 1/2 very very faint). On the left side faint MCM or some type of rebuild stamp???. Sling well has some kind of letters RSC and a upsidedown U I (maybe light struck O so I am not sure if it is a stock for NPM or not.

Hand guard has 4 rivet so I know it is not right but all the wood is very nice but the normal dings have been sanded out.
I know this Carbine is a mix of parts.

I did a ME test with a 30-06 round which was betwen 3/16" to 1/4" so that would be a very good ME
The other thing is the butt plate is just a little higher than the stock and does not fit correct. Somebody must have sanded the top and all of the stock to make the stock look better and I don't know how to fix it with out buying another stock which would cost a lot.

Most markings are very faint and the butt plate does not fit ( to much metal sticking out the top) or would someone have used a repo BP if there is a repo BP ??

I matched my other Carbine stock to this one and can't see that it is sanded that much ( only thing that looked different was the length from pistol grip to back of butt, but does different stocks ( makers ) have the same length.)

How much would a stock cost that would be any where close to this NPM??
The front band has a marking of MMQ with the bolt head on the right side, it is type 3 with bay lug.
The sling looks old but not the C type ends on the sling but looks like type 2 the female portion of the snap looks like was stamped with reinforcing ridges and a slight arch
Price of $630.00 I don't feel I could go to wrong.
My only concern is the stock
I would appreciate your input.
Thanks
Dick
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.