A friend, knowing how much I'm into Britishicon military history, gave me a medal today that he said 'looked like it might be British.' Well, it's a 'Mons Star' medal. On the back is the following...10521 PTE R. Durward 2/ R SC FUS. I'm assuming this is the 2nd Battalion Royal Scots Fusiliers. I would be more than thankful if anyone could point me in the direction of a website or something else where I might put this man's name and roster number into in order to get more info on him. It amazes me that items like this get thrown to the side, and that family members give no more thought to them than the daily garbage (although I cant say for certain that thats why this ended up at a flea market in North Georgia) Anyway, I have always been intensely interested in the Great War, and any 'connection' I can make to a name of a person who was thrown into that God awful mess is always very special to me. If anyone could tell me where I need to start looking, that would be great. Thanks much.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.