'Am very happy to share some pics of my recently scoped and freshly sighted-in Carcano in 6.5x54 mm Mannlicher-Schoenauer (MS). The rifle was purchased from a chap in Alberta, from whom I have bought at least 3 Carcanos now......this being the only one in this MS caliber. It came with a Weaver side mount and offset rings that pretty much put the scope center in line with the center of the bore. Someone obviously did some customizing as the bluing is pretty much like new and it came with double set gold plated triggers and a virtually new barrel. I finally got it scoped and to the range and after some bore sighting and preliminary shots placed four 140 gr partition bullets into a 1.2" circle at 100 yards. I was thrilled with this first outing and will fine tune this wee beauty for longer ranges (sighting at 200 yd) over the next two weeks. I believe the barrel is Austrian and installed in 1988....I have a Kragicon in .308 Win with an almost identical looking barrel marked Special Bohler Steel Austriaicon 1988 as well that is described in another post.
I had read a lot of bad, condescending and outright untruths about Carcano rifles but this one trashes nearly all of the nasty things I have read. They were right about the ugly next to useless iron sights and homely stock of the "Eaton's" sporters but dead wrong on the issues of the action strength and barrel quality. The action is very smooth, not quite like a Norwegianicon Krag, but better than that of the last new Remington I bought. It's been a good week having done the first sighting in of this and other old rifles and figuring out how to upload pics......an old dog has learned a new trick! I am going to scope several other Carcanos in 6.5x52mm over the fall between hunting trips. I practiced on a parts gun Carcano that I bought primarily for the 6.5x54 MS barrel and it turned out pretty good. I will need to do some bolt handle bending as well to clear the scopes but it will bring new functional worth to these much falsely maligned sporters. Just maybe they will shoot nearly as well as this one.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.