Thread: Are USGI M1 carbine Magazines better than the aftermarket magazines?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    02-23-2022 @ 07:52 PM
    Local Date
    04-19-2024
    Local Time
    04:23 AM

Question Are USGI M1 carbine Magazines better than the aftermarket magazines?

Hello, I'm kind of new here, but have looked in on this forum from time to time. My interest in military surplus rifles, etc stems back to the end of the Vietnam conflict. I was reassigned to Germanyicon after SE Asia, and made a habit of climbing through the blown up bunkers of the WWII Seigfried Line on the border between Franceicon and Germany. I talked with my old German landlord and he told me exactly where the allied forces fought through his villiage and blowing up the bunkers. I found quite a few artifacts from US GI's and also from the German forces, but nothing too valuable. My best prize was a field-find USGI M1icon carbine of Rock-ola manufacture and some rusted allied bayonets.

I now have several milsurp rifles including a newly acquired pair of USGI M1 carbines that I would like to shoot. I was wondering if the 60+ year-old USGI carbine magazines are really superior to the the ones being made today. I would like to get some reliable 15 round magazines, and don't want to have to deal with the frustration of ones that will not work reliably. Advice please??? If anyone has some reliable M1 magazines that they would sell me, then please PM me. Thanks! By the way, my father is 94 years old and he carried a a low-digit Inland M1 Carbine as a Marine on Guadacanal, Vela Lavela, Peliliu, and Okinawa. He keeps telling me to stay on a lookout for the WWII M1 carbine that he carried in the Pacific theater from 1942 through 1945: Inland, serial # 238548.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to southfork For This Useful Post: