+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: #4 bolt heads

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    I got what x85 was on about but shooting a weapon when the cases continually split would have me looking seriously at the headspace or the chamber is grossly O-sized if he is using factory loaded ammo then it could possibly be said the rifle may have headspace/chamber issues but if reloading his own ammo for all we know he could be using 45grains of AR 2206H behind a 215gn Woodleigh projie with a CCI-215M primer !

Could the finish be covering up the US property !
    Anyway there are far smarter people here to answer or extrapolate the issues for x85
    Last edited by CINDERS; 11-02-2014 at 01:05 AM.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed

Last On
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by CINDERS View Post
    I got what x85 was on about but shooting a weapon when the cases continually split would have me looking seriously at the headspace or the chamber is grossly O-sized if he is using factory loaded ammo then it could possibly be said the rifle may have headspace/chamber issues but if reloading his own ammo for all we know he could be using 45grains of AR 2206H behind a 215gn Woodleigh projie with a CCI-215M primer
    Could the finish be covering up the US property !
    Anyway there are far smarter people here to answer or extrapolate the issues for x85
    sorry guys for the confusion. I've got a bad sinus infection. And it's effecting my gramer.Oh buy the way x85 is an american..ha ha..
    I will try to post pics.soon once I figure it out im using a smartphone for the pictures. So am I correct to assume that only American made #4 only used a 2 Grove barrel? And yes i do reload for them ,the ppu brass last the longest, i also use win.& r&p brass.im using Hornady 150sp&174fmj.also ppu150sp&fmj.im using a mid load Imr 3031. I appreciate all the info.im receiving here.pics comming soon I've got more questions. But I've got to upload the pics first..thank.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed

Last On
    @
    "only American made #4 only used a 2 Grove barrel?" No, there are documented instances of 5 and 6 grove barrels but most production was 2 groove same for Long Branch. Very likely if a gun has been re-barreled after the war via FTR I think your should see 5groove barrels.

I just got 100 PPU, so I an still working my way through it fire forming it, but it looks good quality so far. Brass life with a no4 isnt that great especially on hot loads. On starting loads eg 38gr ADI2208/varget) the brass lasts a lot longer it hardly stretches at all either compared to say 43grain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2