+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 29 Mar 2021 Garand Picture of the Day - Market Garden

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

29 Mar 2021 Garand Picture of the Day - Market Garden

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose
    There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.

Mark,
    An interesting photo of the Bridge at Nijmegen, as it shows American Airborne leaving the bridge on several British Armour, a lead Sherman and several Bren Gun carriers.

This photo does not appear in our museum, just wondered where you found it, or was it in someones possesions Stateside?
    Last edited by Gil Boyd; 03-26-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    'Tonight my men and I have been through hell and back again, but the look on your faces when we let you out of the hall - we'd do it all again tomorrow.' Major Chris Keeble's words to Goose Green villagers on 29th May 1982 - 2 PARA

The photo looks to me like a composite, the foreground being a shot from the movie "A Bridge Too Far" and the background a view of the bridge at Nijmegen, which was used in the movie to depict the bridge at Arnhem.

Could be Tom, just need to tie in some movie shots which we have at the museum to clarify that.
    'Tonight my men and I have been through hell and back again, but the look on your faces when we let you out of the hall - we'd do it all again tomorrow.' Major Chris Keeble's words to Goose Green villagers on 29th May 1982 - 2 PARA

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Boyd View Post
    Mark,
    An interesting photo of the Bridge at Nijmegen, as it shows American Airborne leaving the bridge on several British Armour, a lead Sherman and several Bren Gun carriers.

This photo does not appear in our museum, just wondered where you found it, or was it in someones possesions Stateside?

Gill
    The photo is a composite I will see if I can track down where it came from
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose
    There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.

Roger

+ Reply to Thread