I've had a Plumb M1917 Bolo for a couple of years, and during that time have never held an SA M1910 Bolo in my hand. Last week I was with my wife at an antique mall, and found the one at the bottom of the picture (the Plumb is at the top for comparison). It's in the correct scabbard, although the cover is most likely a period replacement, as the M1910 is dated 1917 and the scabbard cover is a Brauer Bros dated 1918. One bad point is that, at some point in time, someone tried to ram the Bolo into the scabbard and the scabbard catch on the Bolo was pushed back instead of catching. The metal on top of the pin that guides the Bolo's catch is cracked, although the metal is hard and unyielding. I understand that about 60,000 of the M1910 were made so I'm happy to have gotten one at a reasonable price ($155).

Here's some pictures; the Plumb M1917 is on the top, the SA M1910 is below it. The finish on the M1910 is not pitted, just the way the light reflected:

This shows the marks and compares the handles of the two bolos.

Here is close up of the latch on the M1910.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.