I have a S51 MK4#1*T sniper without the extra attachment for the sling,is this correct for the early snipers? I bought it ten years ago from a estate sale at a local gun store for $900.00.It came with the wooden chest,metal scope can,No 32 scope ,leather scope cover which was a early Weaver from EL PASO,TEXAS.The former owner"s son sold off his dad"s collection right away,he was a ww11 vet with a big gun collection.I drove up there in a blizzard snow storm about 15 miles from my house,when I got there the owner a real piece of work ,said I should have got there sooner I just missed out on the really good stuff,like 3 unissed enfield sniper"s,luger"s and other stuff.But I consider It luckey I got that one,haveing looked for years.It was listed for sale on a flyer in the clubhouse at my local range.It just started getting bad with the snow,but I had four wheel drive and away I went in persuit of my long dreamed of sniper.That gun is a real shooter,with handloads on a good day,some one inch or less groups at 300 yards.I sort of loss interest in the modern guns except for my SR 25 Stoner Match rifle,but that gun is almost too easy.The old ww11 four powered wood and iron guns just have that history and everything else,that I never got enough of,much too the dismay of my wife,jealous.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.