Timney Sportsman Trigger Mauser 98 without Safety 2 to 4 lb Blue - MidwayUSA

I have a Mauser 98k type action. The trigger pull is really long and annoying, also erratic and sometimes lets off immediately when you least expect, adversely affects accuracy.

So I researched it as best as I could, and purchased a Timney trigger for Mauser 98k from Midway. The original trigger has the spring at the front of the housing that just sits in that little cylindrical "tub". There is no attachment other than the one drift pin into its receiver lug. The new aluminum Timney trigger assembly has an allen set screw in the front instead of a spring. The instructions seem to imply that the set screw is used to attach the Timney there by screwing it into the bottom of the receiver. However, the bottom of the receiver has no holes at all for attaching a trigger, only the lug for the drift pin, thats it. Am I supposed to drill and tap the bottom of the receiver, nobody said anything about that in their descriptions. Thanks for any assistance!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.