I didn't see anywhere to put this as there doesn't seem to be a category for them.

I've been seeing a lot of these lately. It had been my "goal" to purchase the major rifles from each of the major participants in WWII. But, no matter how good a condition these things are, they still feel (and look) like toys. I can't bring myself to buy one.

I did see a nice one the other evening which not knowing a lot about them was probably of WWI vintage. It had the "feel" of a rifle and that one I would have bought if it hadn't had a continuous line of deep pitting that followed the entire length of the barrel where it met the stock on both sides. Who knows what it looked like under the stock.

I know it is the rifle used to assassinate Kennedy and some blame the lack of interest in these on that. But they really don't feel like good guns. Did they use some sort of lightweight wood for their stocks? The metal seems thinner than most other models which could also be a contributing factor I guess. I know they are safe, I've read the "pros" of them on other sites.

One of the rifles I looked at the other evening didn't even have adjustable sights. It appeared to be a carbine, had a folding spike bayonet and a really blocky rear sight that appeared to be made out of white metal that was painted black. (The nice rifle was the longest Carcano I've seen).

They had five of them in the store, all were around $100. None had the clips to go with them making them very hard to load single shots. I'm sure these are available somewhere.

This is not the last rifle I need, I still don't have a Garandicon or an Ariska so I'm in no rush.

What exactly should I be looking for here?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.