My year's time as being a Contributing Member to this site is coming to an end, so today I renewed my donation.

Maybe some of us don't know about being able to contribute? I know it is not asked of us or even solicited. But by doing so it helps keep the site up and running for our viewing pleasure.

I can understand that drop in viewers would not be interested. But what I have a hard time understanding is why all of us regulars who like to frequent this site are not contributing members. If it went away, some of us might have withdrawals. Look at the post numbers next to peoples names. And you know we read many more threads then we make posts. This site is informative and at the same time a lot of fun. It also allows me to meet others with like interests.

It doesn't have to be much. $25 for a single year or $20 if you choose to do multiple years. At $25 that comes out to be less then 7¢ a day. If someone chooses 2 years at $40 that is only 5.5¢ a day. Some folks donate their time instead of financial support. And I mean a lot of time. If I take into account all of the different forums that I read, Carbine, Edged Weapons, Watering Hole, and the WTS/WTB pages, I visit a lot of threads. Just learning about who the bogus parts makers are so as not to buy from them has saved people more then what a contribution might be. I found out about a show I want to attend. Met people from other states. And sometimes get a laugh or a cringe out of the bickering.

My thanks go out to the Administrator for making this round the clock site available to me for only 7¢ a day.

Jim
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.