So a couple of days ago, I discovered a 1891 Carcano, dated 1916, in pretty decent condition. The stock had been sanded, but only so lightly (and I mean lightly, no actual dings or dents were sanded out, or made less prominent.) It still had some decent dings and dents in the stock, which I'm fine with because it's just another part of the history of the rifle. As for the metal, there wasn't any rust on the outside, or any signs of it rusting, but the butt-plate was pretty beat up, looking a little like the moon. No cartouches that I could see, but the writing on the receiver was nice and prominent. The riflings and all that, looked relatively good, maybe a couple dark spots here and there (maybe one the size of a nickel being the largest,) but besides that, it was a moderately good looking barrel. . . I think, for a Carcano that age.

The gun shop I found it at, is selling it for $200USD. I've seen other later Carcano's, like 1930s, short rifles and carbines, going for that price or higher, depending on their condition, but I'm not too familiar with seeing a 1891 outside the internet. So is $200USD a relatively good price? The action is smooth, or will be once I clean it up a bit, right now it's a bit stiff, and they haven't had it there for long, only about a week or so when I found it.

Also I'd like to know by anyone who has or shot a M1891 Carcano, what kind of accuracy I can expect, if I get it? How much of it is determined by the rifle, and the shooter himself? Anything else I should know, that I've forgot to ask, would be greatly appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.