NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    03-05-2013 @ 05:40 AM
    Local Date
    04-24-2024
    Local Time
    01:33 PM

Help me identify my model of carcano

I recently bought this Italianicon Carcano. The stock was broke in half, that is why I painted it. It does not look as bad as the photos show. The smudges are fingerprints. This is a neat little rifle. It is very short, about the length of a stock ruger 10/22. I took some pictures of it.

I bought this because I like military rifles, and this is by far the shortest vintage milsurp rifle ever. Someone told me that they think it is a shortened rifle, but I don't see how that would work as it still has its bayonet lug. My guess is that it is a Calvary Carbine model.... What do you think?

Also is there any way to adjust the sights? At 20 yards I was 5 inches up, and 5 inches left. A grouping of 10 bullets was 1-1/4 inches in the top left corner. That's decent for a little guy If no adjustments can be made I may slightly file down the rear sight to at least get it level...

The only thing this rifle is missing is the trapdoor.... Does anyone have one to donate?

This rifle was fun to shoot, except for having to pull the bolt off every time to load (I dont have a stripper clip). This is the only rifle I've shot where the bullet actually loads through notches in the bottom of the bolt, so you cannot just chamber a round and close the bolt. The bullets are approx $1.20 each, so not a great beginner rifle, or primary rifle at the range. This rifle had very little kick (I was suprised). If you find a decent one around $100 get it.... If you dont mind the ammo bill
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Scottsguns; 12-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.