+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bisley Trafalgar Fair and next weeks Classic

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Beerhunter,

Could you fill in the details on the sale of Ex Irish No 4 T rifles?

What I know is as of 2004 they had 50 of them, of which one was in a museum and another was supposed to go to a museum, Leaving 48 in storage.

Any details you have on this sale and where they ended up would be of interest.

I believe the company in Belfast took delivery of 25 No32 Mk3's complete in their tins, as well as a small number of complete No4 T's, but I don't know exactly how many complete rigs they had. They have one of the scopes on ebay currently (ends soon), but most have sold already, so I gather. They were nearly all CT&S scopes with a majority of M & N prefix rifle serial numbers stamped into the brackets. There were also a few THCo scopes, if this is of any help.....

ATB

Thanks Mr. Payne.

The last sale I was aware of was when they sold off the No 1 MK III bayonets, a lot of rather uncommon bayonets came out in that lot circa 2010.

Deceased January 15th, 2016 Beerhunter's Avatar
    Last On
    @
    The scuttlebut is that they still have stacks of stuff in store.

Legacy Member
    Last On
    @
    Roger,

Many thanks for your appraisal of my No4 T and L42. Its reassuring to have a skilled eye give the once over and note points of interest rather than deliver a hammer blow! (its Fake!!)

Once again many thanks.

You're welcome chosenman! Actually, I did sell two No4 T's last Saturday myself, although they weren't complete - just scopeless rifles; one being sleeved to .22LR (effectively a No9 with body pads!).

ATB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2