1. Serial number A 1989
2. Date (& last digit separately struck?) 1931
3. Status (No.4 Mk.I(T) or No.4 Mk.I) No. 4 MK. I (T)
4. Bracket (N92, JG etc.) Rose Brothers "JG" numbered to rifle, though this is the second rifle to which it was mated as an earlier SN is cancelled out.
5. Screws staked? (pad screws obviously) Pad screws are NOT staked, yet this rifle remained in Britishicon Army service until at least 1963.
6. "T" & "TR" stamps? (added later obviously, but patterns might emerge) "T" with serifs on left sidewall midway between front pad and ejector screw, "TR" on socket in usual location below serial number.
7. Original No32 number (from the buttstock if present and #s legible) 25455 - that area has an old grafted in wood section army repair like we often see where the butt plate attaches to the butt. This later scope was fitted during F.T.R. and no number remains for first scope fitted.
8. Proof marks
9. Misc. details/notes Enfield examiner's stamp on top of the front scope pad. "F.T.R." (Factory Thorough Repair, i.e. an arsenal overhaul/rebuild) on left side of socket. "/45" dated barrel. No. 32 MK. 3 scope SN 25455 matching in-service and No. 8 MK. 2 canvas scope case is numbered to rifle and scope. Inspection stickers (set of 4) most recent packing date 2/7/63 RIFLE NO. A. 1989 TELESCOPE Serial No. 25455, Packer's Name "EF". High wood fore end. has M1907 sling. Bolt has MK. II cocking piece. Foresight guard is a MK. II. Upper band is not hinged. Magazine cut-off removed. Original EFD monogram marked MK. I modified backsight, further modified to allow bolt to be removed without raising the backsight. (Modification shown in Peter Laidlericon's book "An Armourer's Perspective" pp. 81-82, the only one I have seen so modified) This is a complete equipment - Matching in service rifle body, rifle fore end, bolt, scope, bracket, scope case and magazine. Chest is not numbered to the rifle (no paper end tag) but may be the original as the old marking is visible "TEL SGT MK 1" on bottom right of front. Yes, there is a yellow circular blob on top of the chest.