Thread: What is your experience in adapting other tripods or mounts to work with a Bren?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    12-16-2021 @ 04:11 AM
    Local Date
    04-25-2024
    Local Time
    05:55 AM
    I'm having one of my rare gos on the old computer that sounds distressingly like a tractor so I've access to my D.D.(E.) files. Excuse me for repeating myself but Ive more details now.

If anyone wants to mount a Bren on a Vickers tripod I've the dimensioned engineers drawings for that D.D.(E.) 2786 (3 sheets) 1941 Lookls pretty simply to a layman like me.

I've also got 3 or 4 versions of Besa 7.92mm to Vickers tripod adapter as well as a couple for fixed iron and adjustable sights for the Besa in ground use and one for the Besa to Bren tripod. Theres also one for Emergency ground use thats a bipod and shoulder stock to be used with the sights mentioned above.

What else? theres some drawings about mounting ZGB to a Vickers Berthier tripod and fitting a VB to a Normal vickers tripod and the czech LMG tripod but they aint fully dimensioned. If any onewants any Im happy to send them down the wire if they pm me a address. If your really ambitious I've full sets for stuff like the Straddle and Motley mountings, Mk II* Bren tripod and all sort of weird AA mounts , quad bren, tree mounts all sorts! I did send one set (a Scarf like mounting for the Bren) to a guy who wanted to fit one to the hole in the roof of his Bedford three tonner but I never heard if he did it.

ATB

Tom
    Last edited by tombear; 10-23-2015 at 09:08 AM.

2. Thank You to tombear For This Useful Post: