While using the photo attachment tool I frequently run into the issue that my photos exceed the maximum upload size, which requires me to manually resize each photo before uploading to the forum.

When capturing photos I am not always targeting my work to just forums and always shoot in the largest format and quality as practicable so that a picture might be suitable for later print or publication. Typically my digital photography results in a file size of 5 MB or less.

My current workaround has been to use my mobile phone application "Tapatalk" for photo posting, as it seems to host and post a photo of any size very rapidly, and then re-edit the text portion of my post with a computer. Typing out a detailed post on a touchscreen is downright silly, but I do spend less time working over my photos in post production, uploading, posting, and then retyping on a keyboard.

I was hoping we could streamline my authoring process with simply allowing the attachment uploader to handle larger file sizes and automatically downsize as normal.

Is this something we could have occur without ruining the forum?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.