My '44 Winchester arrived last Night. I put it around 3 to 4-'44 to middle of '44 I just need to do some more checking. I would like to get the correct month. It looks to be all Winchester except for it's Inland Stock and Rockola Handguard and it's T3 Sear. It's in the 5.65 mil Range. I need to brush up a bit more on Winchester. I hope there are some answers in my books I need to understand more about it. NO IMPORT MARKINGS anywhere on this Carbine. 825.00 ----> 850.00 with Shipping Cost. It's was already Registered here in Texas from a State Trooper who lived outside of Dallas and it was sent straight to my Home. The DPS owner who has his FFL told me he could send this one to my home, but the other 2 he has For Sale needs to go to a FFL holder and One of things I don't understand is why did they put the S/N in Front of the Rear Sight also...you can Clearly see it with the one that's on it Now. There are NO GRIND marks anywhere on Barrel or by Receiver. It puzzling. I think either the previous owner or when he got it remove the BB and Rear Sight. I though Win. used a Flip Sight or a H in a Shield in this Range. I did see its right where they started to change then out to milled or stamped Sights. Who knows...Maybe someone will chime in and give me some clues if this is they way it should be in this range ? I do have a Winchester Stock and Handguard so I will probably use it for this Carbine.

Frank
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.