Thread: New Inland M1A1 stock set. Review with pics.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    10-02-2017 @ 08:20 PM
    Local Date
    04-18-2024
    Local Time
    09:09 AM

New Inland M1A1 stock set. Review with pics.

Received my Inland M1A1icon stock assembly with handguard set for range use. The stock looked great out of the box with no visible problems. Dropped my receiver into the stock and the fit was very snug, a tighter fit than the original.

I had to tweak it a bit in 2 areas: The handguard forward lip and buttplate edge but only very minor tweaks.

It cost a little over 2 bills. That is more than some I have seen on the net but the quality seems worth a few extra bucks. Have nothing to compare it to though.

The glue on the back of the leather rubbed off easily with a fingertip. Very neat job on the leather.

The hand guard is a 4 rivet type but the 2 forward rivets are just holes. The support plate only has 2 rivets in it. Also I noticed that the sight channel is very high, almost too high. You can still see through the peep rear to the front sight but any higher and it would have to be modded.

A bit of extra room in front of the magazine well. Hopefully that won't be a problem. No fore and aft movement though.

The recoil plate cap fit was almost perfect. Right side was a bit off in the back but acceptable. No big gaps.

The wire stock looks well made and very close to the originals. The buttplate had a very rough cast edge which I filed down a bit since it was gouging the wood when folded. Now it just rubs.

Metal on the back of the leather side shows in the flash but not in the other pic. It is parked color not white.

The barrel band was too tight and wouldn't close enough to get the screw in.

I used a file to removed a small bit of wood from the circumference of the hand guard front lip and then it fit better. Had to take a bit off and test, then a bit more and repeat a couple times until I could get it closed. Not much had to be removed, less than a half mm.

Still not perfect but ok. Have to wiggle and work the barrel band into position. I could take a bit more off but I will wait to see if the wood compresses or shrinks a bit. Tight is better than loose here I'm guessing.

I would recommend this stock set. Very happy.

I'll post an update after a range test.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by HDSledge; 07-30-2016 at 12:05 AM.