I while ago, I decided to try and build an SMLE from the ground up from new old stock. The crux of the idea stemmed from my stumbling across a new, in the wax, No.1 Mk.3 barrel from South African origin. That as well as finding some unissued stock of the same lot... minus the buttstock, which is Australianicon in origin and is marked SLAZ.

I had a devil of a time trying to piece it all together... foolishly not taking into account the sheer amount of hand fitting that went into all these rifles. I had also intended to put a nice blue on all the metal and a glossy finish on the wood furniture, but opted for an arsenal finish akin to a Lithgow made SMLE instead.

I stumbled across Croc's Gun Shop in New Mexico, and worked with Anthony there to get all the pieces to fit properly as well as having all the metal parkerized with Manganese Phosphate. Now all that is left is to do a load of woodwork.

This thread is mostly to show my current progress in a, 'As New As Possible' SMLE. The only 'real' used part is the receiver... which I highly doubt my abilities to acquire a new one at that, but is made by London Small Arms.

I am in the market for a good scope mount though. I know there are loads of threads out there about that, so I won't really push that matter here. But Hopefully I will find a side mount replica of sorts in the near future before I slap everything together.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.