With our 1-1-2017 ban coming into effect in Californication, I decided to add another AK to the stable. I have my Saiga IZ132 that I had turned into an AKM, but I restored it to "Sporter" so I don't have to register it. With the Tasco reed dot, and sporter stock, it will be my hog buster hunting rifle. With the impending ban, I figured if I was going to register an AK, I wanted it to be an underfolder. (After 1-1-2017 when we register, we get to un-pin the folding stock and loose the bullet button). I'll probably replace the wood grip with a Bakelite one, and use a Bulgarian handguard with palm swell.

I have this in route to my FFL. It is made from a Hungarianicon AK63D parts kit, with a chrome lined, Green Mountain hammer forged barrel. It was $699, plus another $95 to make it California legal (bullet button and fix stock). Sure, it's not an Arsenal, but what the heck. I just want a cheap underfolder. I had a Yugoicon M70AB1 years ago, and regretted selling it. This gives me two AKs and three ARs, as well as assorted other semi-auto rifles.

My main "fight a war when TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI" weapon is a mid-length 16" AR15 carbine, Magpulled out, Bushnell TRS-32 red dot, with a 1/7 twist barrel, loaded with MK262 MOD1 77 grain OTM SMKs. The AKs are just because. Besides, I like having the Saiga sporter again. Makes a great brush hunting rifle.

Interarms AK47 Red Underfolder Rifle
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.