Hello all new guy here. Just picked up a Ludwig-Loewe 1895 Chilean short rifle with a nice shiny bore for cheap because it's kind of rough cosmetically and a total mismatch. Receiver and bolt are both in the A serial block A26xx bolt and A86xx receiver. I'm guessing there's a fairly good chance it might be a 1895 manufacture. No blueing left above the stock line except a bit on the left of the receiver, but good blue and no pitting below the stock line. I had it all apart to give it a good cleaning but didn't notice if the barrel was serial #'ed. It does have the later 200-1400 meter tangent sight not the early ladder sight, probably a retrofit?

Still has the cleaning rod, the stock is dinged up a bit but no cracks or major gouges or dents. The stock also has a #32 in black piant on the left side nearly covering the cartouche. Not sure if this is possibly a rack # or just something a previous owner slapped on. The rifle has no import marks and strangely the front sight blade is on backwards, though I'm not gonna mess with it if it doesn't seem to affect anything. I figured as long as it shoots decent and with as good of a bore as it seems to have it should then I couldn't have gone wrong for $150 out the door.

I do have the fifth edition of Robert Ball's book and I believe it will come to be an invaluable asset in my continued interest in Mausers as I also have a Loewe 1891 Argentineicon. Anything I might have missed that anyone can shed some light on with my Chilean? Any knowledge of the crossed miners pick mark or what appears to be a ring in a triangle? Thanks in advance for any information, it is greatly appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.