04-15-2024 @ 01:08 PM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    04-20-2024
    Local Time
    01:07 AM

ANZAC day for us.

25.04.1915 ~ is etched in our country's history forever where the youth of our land met the cold reality of war at the end of a bullet, shell or bayonet.
    They were selfless with each other and gave all they could to achieve some impossible feats against a foe who was as equal to the task.

Now 102 years later the loyal few have grown in their thousands to honour the brave souls from this land that gave their all on those distant shores so very long ago.
    I march with my fathers medals along with other veterans from conflicts on this day to honour my fathers 4 years overseas in WWII but also for all our troops past, present & future.
    Whom through courage, steadfastness and deprivation gave everything they had and more so we could enjoy our lives in relative peace today.
    Thank you.

Please see pics of our small country towns RSL mural just done and upgrades to the RSL garden, new walls gate etc.
    Capel is only a small town with probably about 2,000 people in the town itself but each ANZAC day is well participated in to honour our troops past present & future.
    I hope you like what has been done though I did ask the chap there has the mural been coated in an anti-graffiti finish just in case?
    As sadly there is that element which delights in defacing things new like this a bit like a dog p*ssing on a tree "I did that...." to show all their friends.
    If they do and are caught I would say they would not be staying in this place very long with plenty of staircases to fall down before they left if you get the drift......
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 12 Members Say Thank You to CINDERS For This Useful Post: