02-28-2024 @ 11:09 AM
    Home of The Parachute Regiment & 16 Air Assault Brigade
    Real Name
    Gil Boyd
    Local Date
    04-19-2024
    Local Time
    06:06 PM
    Saw it tonight..................within 10 minutes, seeing tattoos of the same circular shape on every knuckle of the young lads hands whilst burying someone on the beach.
    Did they really need to zoom into a pair of hands producing that sort of twentieth century detail, which would never have occurred in the period?

For what it was, a short film recount of the fiasco which was real life called Dunkirk in 1940, in colour, I would rather have watched the B/W original with John Mills as stated before.

Who am I to criticise.............its for the Military historians they employ to get scenes, and singular shots and sound right, for the enjoyment of those paying a lot of money to watch it.

I wasn't alone in my views as many there tonight, were older and perhaps were around at the time and remember how bad it was.

Spitfires markings/Messerschmitt Bf 109 colourings all been said earlier, way off the mark, but John Romain the owner would be only too pleased to have his aircraft hired for the filming...who wouldn't. Probably see it again on the TV, just to see what else I missed.

Is it that we are becoming more critical, as the internet makes us more aware of what our forbears had to put up with during such hardships, andf their sacrifices allow us to do so, freely???
    'Tonight my men and I have been through hell and back again, but the look on your faces when we let you out of the hall - we'd do it all again tomorrow.' Major Chris Keeble's words to Goose Green villagers on 29th May 1982 - 2 PARA

2. Thank You to Gil Boyd For This Useful Post: