I picked this up at the antique arms show yesterday and it is an excellent book on the subject. Quality gloss paper, plenty of photos. I wasn't aware there were that many variants of the rifle. Covers the conversions to 6.5 and dispells one common misconception that the barrels can overheat and be shot out. They are staged liners and it is impossible for them to move forward. Outlines how these were used still in WWII with many captured by the Britishicon in North Africa and in Italiy's East Africa. Authors definitely do not recommend these be fired with full strength loadings. As with other books of this type, it has chapters on markings, accessories and on the plus side also discusses and shows the factories where they were built and the military campaigns where they were used. Photos of Gold plated presentation models are also included. I generally don't like paying $50 for a book but I think this one is worth it.

The Italian Vetterli Rifle: Development, Variants and History in Service: Robert Wilsey: 9781931464727: Amazon.com: Books
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.