I tried not to start yet another thread on Lend Lease Garands but Im looking for more info than what is out there. Ive got 5 books on garands and the lend lease info is skimmed over IMO. I know the proofs were put on after the war. Ill start with the sight covers. RCS has a couple videos on youtube ,that you can view in HD, that reveal single numbers or letters on the sight covers. They aren't given direct attention and just happen to be in the shot. Ive observed multiple rifles with "7" or a "P". These seem to show up on the serial block of the lend lease rifles I've been tracking the sales of for a while. I haven't found an explanation for them but for a single mention on a single thread in a forum, but no details. These unmolested, typically original rifles, of the 6 digit variety have this mark often but I haven't seen it on a 6 digit thats out of the lend lease range. Maybe coincidence or chance, I don't know. There seems to be a correlation with Britishicon proofed garands and a marked sight cover.

Does anyone have a true lend lease with a single number or letter marked sight cover and does anyone have a British proofed garand that is out of the known range with this mark? The being to try to rule out it being a British mark or an American mark

Next is the British proofed bolts. Ive seen mostly terrible pictures of these british marked bolts. I have a couple bolts with marks and nothing good to see if they are hardness test marks or export marks. Anyone have some pictures of those?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.