Hybrid View

Last On
    04-23-2022 @ 07:42 PM
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    08:55 AM

Sky-High Inland Repro Carbines

Just have to vent; I'm no longer interested in the U.S. Carbine for any practical use, but have a fondness for the .30 Carbine round in JHP for a PDW. I was interested when I saw the Inland Manufacturing carbine pistol with removable wrist brace, but the price!
    They want twice what I could get for my pretty nice authentic Inland. I honestly believe I could MAKE an AR in .30 Carbine for less. I bet they don't sell a dozen of those or the 'tactical carbine'.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/inl...arbine-pistol/
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by INLAND44; 05-18-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    'Really Senior Member' Especially since I started on the original Culver forum. That had to be about 1998.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to INLAND44 For This Useful Post:

Last On
    11-30-2023 @ 06:44 PM
    Port Neches TX, intersection of Hurricane Alley and Refinery Road
    Real Name
    Russell Selkirk
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    06:55 AM
    I was under the impression any "pistol" with a stock is considered a SBR and requires additional licensing to be legal?

Russ

4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Last On
    01-17-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    07:55 AM
    Your right but this is not classified as a stock. It's an arm brace and as such is 100% legal to use with a hand gun. Sure looks like it could be used against the shoulder though. I wonder if the "New Inland" did get their act together with the junk carbines they were making or are they still producing junk???? People are stupid when they buy one of these and not a good rebuilt WW2 Inland or other make WW2 carbine. Cheaper and the real deal that will increase in value over time.

6. Thank You to Bruce McAskill For This Useful Post:

Last On
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Real Name
    Gene Keller
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    Pistol Definition: Ruger .30 carbine Blackhawk! IMHO
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TSMG's-R-MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ENJOY LIFE AND HAVE FUN!!!

(Deceased Nov 16th, 2019)

Last On
    01-14-2023 @ 10:08 PM
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadycon View Post
    Pistol Definition: Ruger .30 carbine Blackhawk! IMHO
    The Ruger Blackhawk would be the revolver definition. The AMT automag III
    is the pistol definition. Have both and fun to shoot if you don't mind the flash.

Last On
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    I have fired one! Terrific muzzle blast and fireball with standard ammo but can be loaded for a hand gun.

Arm brace; look at it and see how the back end 'clamshells' so you can open it then close it on the forearm so you can shoot the pistol single-handed. At least that's the ATF-approved story. Evidently some of you have not been watching closely because there's another incredible development with 'sawed-off' weapons - the 'non-firearm' that shoots standard 5.56mm/.223 Remington with a short barrel, pistol grip and regular AR carbine stock. The trick is, there's no rifling in the bore so it its not a 'rifle'. However, at pistol ranges its still blowing out a 62 gr rifle bullet at 3000 FPS. No stamp, no nothing although I think you still have to do the paperwork as for any other gun. And, there's a shotgun too although I don't know off-hand why its not NFA.
    'Really Senior Member' Especially since I started on the original Culver forum. That had to be about 1998.

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time

This Has PDW Written All Over It

Quote Originally Posted by INLAND44 View Post
    I'm no longer interested in the U.S. Carbine for any practical use,
    I like how they slide this in their description:

"EBR chassis for Inland....... the Inland model does not extend over the top of the action. This lets shooters use the standard M1icon rear sight and it doesn’t cover the ejection port which makes clearing malfunctions that much easier."

Inland Teasing Micro-EBR M1-Based .30 Carbine Pistol

With all research done by Jim M, plus all the negative reviews about these New Inlands, I just couldn't put the safety of my self or loved ones on the line with one.

I too love the .30 Cal FMJ round, but I'd believe in the eyes of the law any shot beyond X yards could come back to bite me in the A$$.

Pick your Gage.. 12 Ga down to .410 Ga. Chambered for 3" but with an adapter shorter shells can be used to increase capacity. Your choice Slugs or Shot.

Depending on the Defensive situation I have a version of this model on hand just incase:

Mossberg 590 ShockWave

Mossberg 590 Shockwave 12ga 14" 6-shot $358.00

PS: Link For Refresher on Commercial Inland Carbines:
    https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=53708
    Last edited by painter777; 05-24-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Add PS; Link
    Charlie-Painter777

A Country Has No Greater Responsibility Than To Care For Those Who Served...

Last On
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    I don't get what you mean, but I think you're saying because they mentioned 'clearing malfunctions' that they're saying you can expect malfunctions with the Inland PDW. That's not the meaning at all - any self-loading gun has malfunctions from time to time. This is why every self-loading gun comes with malfunction drill instructions. I don't know what feature they are talking about that might block the ejection port on whatever other model they're discussing but one of the main attributes of the M1icon Carbine and some other rifles is the open access and visibility of the bolt. I wouldn't want anything on one that affected that access.

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    Quote Originally Posted by INLAND44 View Post
    because they mentioned 'clearing malfunctions' that they're saying you can expect malfunctions with the Inland PDW.
    I44,
    Taking in to account the reviews about these 'new Inlands' I'd expect problems of all sorts.Their service was horrible, maybe it's improved by now. Many of the early issues have been covered by Jim M's follow up on them.
    I know any arm can suffer malfunctions, but I for one could not or would not ever see myself having enough faith in these to bet my or my loved ones safety on.
    The money or cost doesn't matter to me......... It's about dependability when needed.
    And what if you had 3 or 4 bad guys rush the door? At this time I don't have any Claymores, so I'll stick with the Shockwave, with which the Wife can comfortably handle and the Revolvers conveniently stashed around our home base.

Hopefully your home front or our's will ever need use of any type PDW.

A great weekend to you.
    BTW, Not sure where your located in VA buy my Wife and I just visited my Daughter in Alexandria. Spent some time in DC for her graduation from GWU. She got her Masters !
    Traffic is insane out there, nice to be home seeing this years corn crops getting started.
    I don't even mind getting stopped by our 1 red light in town anymore !

PS: Do you think a AR in .30 Carbine would sell ? Seems a better choice (IMO) than a AR in .45acp.
    I'd have to say I'd be a buyer.
    Charlie-Painter777

A Country Has No Greater Responsibility Than To Care For Those Who Served...

Last On
    03-25-2024 @ 11:01 AM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by painter777 View Post
    I don't even mind getting stopped by our 1 red light in town anymore !
    Well you could have gone around the side streets Charlie we don't have any stop lights here the train used to run through the center of town but hasn't for the last 20 years we only have about 5 stop signs..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast