I'm trying to build up a (small) collection of Vietnam items (approx mid 60s to early/mid 70s). Well, some (all?) items have not been close to Vietnam, but they are from the correct period at least. I have a few helmets where one of them is a rather nice SPH-4 helmet from 1969 - but I'm a bit puzzled about the different microphones used on these helmets.

My SPH-4 helmet has a light green mic, which I guess is a "non Vietnam" version? Or any chance these light grey microphones could have been used in Vietnam?

I believe the (light) grey ones were "meant for" the Vietnam conflict? Or were they also used other places (guess so..)?

I have attached a picture of a grey mic (helmet is SPH-4 from 1969) which has another shape (circular area in the middle) than the two others. Is this also a Vietnam version? Is it a later/newer version?

A lot of (probably stupid) questions - if someone has time to enlighten me I would really appreciate this. Or maybe guide me to a link where all this is explained.

Sorry for the bad pics.

Thanks in advance.

b/r
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.