I picked this up off Gunbroker on Wednesday, and amazingly it arrived 3 days later. This one had a cheap "Buy It Now" for a mummed, matching example, even with the slight rust issues.

This Type 2 Paratrooper was likely in mint shape after the war, when someone shoved it into the wall of a garage in South Carolina. While time hasn't been kind to this rifle, much of the damage will clean up.

The rifle is mummed and matching, including a Nagoya proofed dust cover. Even the screws are still staked on the entire rifle. This is a true untouched example. The bore is chrome lined, but the bolt face is not. As I previously mentioned, the stock has a unique spoke shaven/chatter look to it, which is breifly found on these Type 2 rifles near the 13,000 serial number range, which this rifle falls into. The stock has some nice Nagoya proofs on the butt stock. The cleaning rod is also the correct, original type.

Overall I'm very glad I've held out on buying a Type 2 until now. Despite the issues with the metal, I think I did very well on the price, and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did on Gunbroker with a Buy It Now.

I'll let the photos show the rest. Hopefully when I get it more cleaned up I'll post some more. There are a few areas, mainly the trigger guard and near the muzzle that are worse than the rest of the rifle.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.