Well we said a fair while ago some one should get around to producing full wood sets for the MkIII & No.4 well someone has started and I guess they may have stumbled onto a cash cow. I base this comment on what original pieces are going for having seen a single fore wood for a MkIII go for $190/Au.

On average full stocks in original condition range from $350 upwards then your buying stuff that is used and circumspect but we will see with this lot goes.
I am not familiar with Rosewood though I have a couple of repro bits here brought 5-6 years ago and if thats the type they make it out of it seems very light in weight so not the densest of woods.
Although Beech is a wood that is fairly light also?

Calibre/Item: 303
Make: SMLE
Model: No 1 Mk III*
Action: Bolt repeater
Condition: New
Price: $485
Advertised: 3/09/2018
Licence number: 50001456
Phone: 07 4638 5565
Comment: Reproduction Timber sets to suit SMLE No1 Mk III*, Just Landed. These incredibly accurate timber sets are now available in store at Southern Cross Militaria, 0746 385565. We have spared no expense getting these reproduction sets as accurate as possible. Perfect to get that sporter 303 back to original or to rebuild your 303 like new. Handcrafted from Rosewood, stained to a dark finish. Set includes the butt, lower handguard and front and rear top handguards. Spring retaining clip is attached to the rear handguard. Limited stock available in this shipment. $500 per set, posted anywhere in Australiaicon. Some final fitment is required.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.