Today @ 12:08 PM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    04-26-2024
    Local Time
    06:21 AM

Book Review

Australia's Secret War; How unionists sabotaged our troops in WWII By Hal G.P. Colebatch

What can I say I have had the book a day read 70 pages of 318 + notes and additions and feel absolutely appalled at what these mongrels no better word for them did.
    Allot of the information has been supplied by troops that were involved at the time on the wharves and from soldiers diaries.
    So the information is from the source and not come from any other place but from those that witnessed what these people did that severely hampered our troops of much needed supplies.

Just a few things like; Stealing radio valves rendering the sets useless, Dropping brand new Allison aero engines onto the wharf from the cranes, Tearing P-38 lightnings to bits by not un-lashing them from the deck before lifting them with the crane.
    Pilfering soldiers kit bags when they came back from overseas service by slashing them open, stealing food supplies mainly meat (Mutton), canned hams etc.
    Along with go slows Australia wide strikes (One out , All out rule)

It was said that the stress of the situation hastened Primeminister Curtains death as invasion was imminent and the situation was so dire with these people probably believing the Japaneseicon would welcome them as assisting them in the conquest of our country (My italics).

There were instances the troops ganged up and threw the wharfies into the ocean this happened more than once I may add, but it is heart rending to read knowing what privations and risks our troops faced and these cads got fat from stealing.

They called our troops 5 Bob a Day Murderers whilst they the wharfies got 20 shillings a day.

It is hard to imagine a more dire way of risking a nations freedom as these mongels did they should have been classified as fifth columnists and shot in the back & pushed into the sea for shark food.

I say this as my father went through N.Guinea and other areas during those years so suffered like they all did with lack of resources.

I feel ashamed as an Australianicon our people here could do that to those risking their life & future for the wharfies personal gain
    Even to day the stevadore union can hold Australia to ransom but hopefully laws are in place today so they never again cause so much grief to those sworn to protect their freedom & families.

If your an Aussie get a copy is all I can say and prepare yourself for some shocking facts.

You'll have to excuse my Siamese for photo bombing!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by CINDERS; 10-10-2018 at 06:11 AM.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to CINDERS For This Useful Post: