Found this website sometime ago but recently got a good bit more interested in the details .
I have some small parts I am trying to i'd and also am looking to buy some parts .
A few years back what with the shortage of brass SMLE butts , I saw some dealers , one in particular at Birmingham Arms Fair selling Indian made - ' repro ' brass plates - they may have been old genuine Ishapore - no idea ( I'm learning about SMLE's - slowly ) .
Does anyone know of a source of any brass plates - genuine or repro for the SMLE - anywhere - so long as they post ..... nearly ALL the US suppliers state now firmly no posting outside of US .
I was also mystified as to why I could not find complete Stock Sets .
There's lots of 'new' walnut No4 bits around - does anyone know of a source of complete SMLE walnut sets - repro / mil surplus .custom . I have tried and am surprised I cannot find any ref to Indian made - repro or genuine given the long association with the SMLE and India .

Am also seeking advice on some steel rear Butt Swivel sets I have - the swivel loop is seperate from the bit that gets pinned by the cross screw ( that allows it to swivel on the base unit BB0664 . I only noticed the other day - the loop was central on the swivel and thought that ain't right , there should be an offset . I realised the loop could be pushed side to side through its mounting pivot . Any I have seen before have the loop and this stud fixed as one to avoid the possibility I assume of the loop sliding from side to side .
I'd best go for a cup of tea and give you guys a break - before I dare ask about the other Base Plate for a Swivel I have - in rosey copper - part i.d normally as BB0664 ...totally lost on that one ....
Sorry in advance for the questions .
I'll find my round the website slowly .
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.