Threaded View

Last On
    @
    Local Date
    04-25-2024
    Local Time
    03:55 AM

WWI Magnifying Glasses

It was concidence that while yesterday meeting at a gun show I finally was able to take over (from someone else who served as "postman") the three Britishicon WWI magnifying glasses sets I had bought of a fellow member here also ended up in buying the (kind of) "Germanicon counterpiece" at exactly the same show.

They might not be compareable in all details since the German Zeiss Glasvisier does the magnification in the scope itself and only uses an additional front sight cover for aiming, but both are attached to the rear sight and both are adjusted with the rear sight. And neither of the British nor the German design are very rugged. It was a nice thought, but not well engineered (well, at least not with the engineering considering the conditions they would see in actual combat conditions).

Looking forward to any comments, whether you would agree on the parallels that I am seeing, or possibly would also want to deny them!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to Promo For This Useful Post: