I've been searching for a Ross MKII with stock markings that are decipherable as I love the provenance one can collect. So, I've been looking for a complete military MKII in decent shape but with nice stock markings that have a cool story.

I found what I believe to be something "neat". From my research, I found a Royal Canadianicon Ordnance Corps rifle from a Training Center. This would have occurred sometime after 1919, since before 1919 it was simply the Canadian Ordnance Corps (COC, not RCOC)

I've requested a more clear photo, but it seems it passed through three other battalions before it landed at the RCOC-TC, but the only legible one really is the "102". Is this the 102nd Battalion (Northern Britishicon Columbia)? It doesn't jive with what appears to be "CC" after the 102, though.

Also, the rifle appears to have a MKIII sight. Is this good, bad, indifferent? Was this a post-WWI modification for training, or bubba?

The photos kind of suck and I am requesting the missing info from the seller, namely a photo that shows the condition of the front of the gun and the bore. It is pricey but the stock markings are really cool and it seems in nice shape.

Model 1905 Canadian Ross - Curios Relics at GunBroker.com : 795964541
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.