I was on an online auction site and my bid won these two blades. I'm not totally clueless when it comes to military cutlery and I have some information already, but anyone able to provide more input, please chime in. Blade one appears to be a Sykes-Fairbairn 2nd. pattern stiletto with the nickle blade and cross guard. It has the "crows foot" M.O.D. stamp and what appears to be a poorly struck "B2" as well as the "Englandicon" U.S. import stamp. I'm unsure about the scabbard. Though it appears to conform to the standard, the blade fit is sloppy and in all honesty, it looks too good for a 75+ year old piece. I don't know if Knock-offs were ever made or if it's just a very well preserved original.
Blade 2 is interesting and the first one I've ever seen. It's a Swedishicon Mora stamped bayonet (according to their web site). I'm assuming a dress, ceremonial, or walking-out bayonet since there is no way it can be mounted on a rifle. The blade, while not actually pitted, is discoloured (probably from moisture). I thought it was a hunting dagger due to the configuration of the guard, but I could be wrong. So, any thoughts or input regarding what they are and what they're worth? I tried to contact some sites about the SF fighter, but was unsuccessful. Shout out to Roy Shadbolt if you're out there!!! Thanks for looking!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.