I mentioned this 6.94M Inland in another thread several days ago.

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=67560 (From Post #3 on)

I decided I needed to start my own thread and post some pictures of the sights. I bought this one a year or two ago at a local gun shop. It looked fairly original other than being in an SA stock, addition of a flip safety, and a 30rd mag catch. I shot it for the first time in January and had to set the rear sight for 250 yds. to make it hit POA.

In the other thread I said it was set at 200, but when I got it out today for the pictures, it's actually at 250. This made me think one of the sights had been changed for some reason, and I got comments from others suggesting that possibility. So, here are a bunch of pictures of the sights. The staking of the rear is different than on a 5.4 Inland I had in the past, but not a whole lot. The "R" front sight looks normal to me, but I want to hear what you guys think. I do see some kind of a "tool mark" or impression on top of the receiver rail just to the left of the bolt. Could that be evidence of GI tools being used to change out the rear sight or maybe from a barrel change? I haven't seen a mark like that on a carbine receiver before. I expected the sights to be "right on" with this one, and it puzzles me that they aren't. Let me know if you see something in the pics that I'm not. I took several and can post more if needed. Thanks! - Bob
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.