Threaded View

Last On
    04-02-2022 @ 01:42 PM
    Local Date
    04-23-2024
    Local Time
    08:05 PM

Enfield No 1 MK 2 in .410

I've been collecting milsurps my whole life, and my Dad before that, but this is my first post here, so first I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I was in a LGS and saw an Enfield No 1 MK 2 in .410 caliber

I read an old thread here about the rifles and about ammo for them. I was going to reply to that old thread to keep the same thoughts going, but the system advised me to create a new thread instead.

In the old posts (from 2015), people were saying that Cheaper Than Dirt had ammo for this rifle. I'm not seeing it on CTD's site, so either they no longer have it or I am searching incorrectly. Do any of you folks know of a current source of fireable ammo for the .410 Enfields? I am thinking of buying it, but I want to see about ammo first.

Also, do you folks have any idea of value on these rifles? This one seemed to be in very good condition, with a very shiny bore and all numbers matching. It was stamped
    RFI
    It looked to me like the magazine plate had been replaced with wood. From reading about these, I believe that's because they were converted to single shot so the Indian militia & police wouldn't have too much firepower. Is that correct?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,
    Brian
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by brian1; 07-04-2019 at 04:48 PM.

2. Thank You to brian1 For This Useful Post: