So I won this at auction today, and putting the cart before the horse a bit, I've got most of the puzzle put together, but am still missing a few pieces to send me on my path of research. After doing as much reading as I can and gleaning little nuggets of info from as many forums and corners of Google as I could find, I understand the roundel for the manufacturer, the II with 3* above being the model designation, and the 268BC over 1909 is the serial and date of manufacture (or acceptance?) but I just don't have knowledge on the history of the Canadianicon military to help with the what I assume are PNAM abbreviations or designations. It appears both were cancelled at some point which also makes me wonder where the rifles final destination was (besides what I assume was one of the 20,000 sold to the US). I see the tag with a ton of typewritten text on it, so I can only hope that tells a bit of its story. Until then, would one of you knowledgeable folk be able to at least point me in the right direction for researching this thing?

Attachment 102178
Attachment 102179
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.