I quite unexpectedly picked up a nice, all matching Spanish Mauser "La Coruna" M43 short rifle with an excellent bore the other day. I stopped into a gun shop I hadn't visited for years because I happened to be in the area and found it waiting there for me!

I checked the headspace and the receiver is in fine shape with no evidence of any soft or improperly heat-treated steel that some Spanish Mausers have suffered from. This example is apparently one of the good ones. Not only would the bolt not close on the field gauge, it didn't come close to closing on the NO GO gauge either. I was very relieved to see this.
Armed with the knowledge that the rifle was likely safe to shoot, I took it the range a few days later. Groups with it have averaged in the 3"-4" range at 100 yards using standard commercial ammo and the abysmal stock iron sights. Could they have made that rear V any smaller or shallower?!
I ordered a peep sight for it from Mojo Sights and am looking forward to seeing what it will do with the peep. I'm thinking it should help a lot.
Well, here it is!

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.