Hello Milsurps,

I have a No4 and the butt screw is seized.

The butt is slightly loose and when you move the butt if you put your finger on the end of the screw it moves.

The problem is the screw head is rusted and welded to the stock. I have tried a large screwdriver and spanner on it with 2 people. Not even budged a fraction.

I have dumped penetrating fluid in there and left for a few days and it doesnt even really penetrate in its sealed that tight.

I need the correct bracing tool, only i cant source one. Anybody have the dimension of the head and shank in metric.

Or would anybody rent the tool out to me?

Any help appreciated

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Should also mention the slot is decent and out of all the time we spent on it the screwdriver only slipped once. So at least the slot is decent. Just dont think the screwdriver head is wide enough and not giving enough radial torque. Its 10mm wide, but is a taper head and i read it needs to be a flat parallel blade
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.