I am working with a number of Pattern 1914 (P14) rifles. So far I have a "W", an "ERA" and two "RE". I am having not much luck trying to find reference material that details which parts got marked how by the three makers - Winchester, Eddystone and Remington. For example, I have one each of an "E", "R", "W" and "blank" safety lock holder - how to know where the "blank" one might correctly go??

I have found most of this information for the M1917 rifles - the "U.S. Model of 1917" - aka P17. References I found for the M1917 include:

"m1903.com" - go under "Markings" and click on M1917 - chart pops up listing the individual M1917 parts that were marked, and how, by the three makers - click on the part name and a line drawing of that part pops up, showing where on the part each maker put their mark.

"The U.S. Enfield" by Ian Skinnerton - good discussion about the earlier P13, and then a fair bit about M1917, but not much helpful detail about P14's

"Pattern 1914 and U.S. Model of 1917 Rifles" by Charles Stratton - pretty much my "go to" reference, but lacking detail on specific parts - often writes "parts are identical, and differ only by markings" when discussing certain P14/M1917 items - does not identify "what" markings to look for.

"United Statesicon Rifle Model of 1917" by C.S. Ferris. Quite detailed. Great reference for M1917 collectors, but, not surprisingly, not a lot about the P14's.

So, any suggestions about where to find similar information and detail about the P14's would be greatly appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.